Monday, May 19, 2014

Don't Break the Google Glass!!

Wow- what a day- have finally had some time to sit and reflect on using Glass. Students were beyond fascinated with them and several asked to try them on- of course I obliged but was also a little nervous of freshman and something breakable in the same room! I have fantastic students and if they can be trusted to light a bunsen burner I was pretty sure they could be trusted to try them on for a spin. It is definitely a learning curve. I guess I felt a little "distracted" while wearing them but by 5th period did not really notice they were there and felt comfortable enough to take some video and pictures of the students with their Egg Drop creations. The question remains- how can I use them to increase student learning or show a concept in more detail? I am tumbling through the Looking "Glass"- who knows where it will lead me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment