Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Changing of the Guard

Great News!  Glass has gone to Science class.


Ann Perry will be using Glass for the next two weeks as she works with her students to evaluate Glass in a HS Science environment.  Look for her posts in this blog to see what she thinks and how it works out.

On another note, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at different postings from others using Glass in their classrooms.  Again and again I'm amazed at the creativity from educators when they encounter new technologies.  I will keep you posted as the newest and greatest uses come out.  Right now there's a lot of getting used to it and using the camera features with Glass.

I've also been contacted by a gentleman seeking his PhD who's looking for Glass being used in education.  He's from Portugal and it makes me think about the wonderful power of the internet and social media to bring the world a little closer together.  As he gathers information, he's going to be able to include observations from me, Ann and Josh as we use Glass at Pines.  Really makes me think about how students can use current technology to connect to resources around the world.  It makes the term "primary source" a little more meaningful when researching world events or culture.  



No comments:

Post a Comment