Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sick and Tired

That pretty much sums it up.  I spent the last two days ( half of Sat as well) sick in bed.  I can honestly say I've never been that sick before.  Ever.

Anyway, it forced me to unplug for a while.  As a Tech Coach sometimes that's extremely hard to do.  I'm trained to respond to a ding or quack or song clip as my phone, iPad, Glass dictates.  While it wasn't nice at all to be sick I did have time to reflect on unplugging and Glass.

Our kids need to unplug once in awhile.  It was 60 where we stayed this week and my kids walked the dog and played at the park.  They set down Minecraft and Netflix in favor of sunshine and mud puddles.

In terms of Glass, I think it allows for this freedom a little. Untethered by a four walled room there is freedom to explore.  Maybe it's just the opposite and it makes less room because you now have the power to be connected everywhere.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to maybe get out to the lake and try a little spring ice fishing.  Although it's April and I'd much rather be out in my boat there could be some great panfishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment