Friday, April 25, 2014

The Final Glass

So I was charging Glass and needed to return a phone call to a community member about a service project our students partake in next month. I pulled out my cell phone (my school phone tends to cut out or lose charge at critical moments) and dialed up. To my surprise the call was picked up by Glass and I had to scramble to toss Glass on my face so I could take care of the call - now I know that I could make calls from Glass so that wasn't surprising, but the fact that I initiated a call from my cell but it was completed (taken over really) by Glass did take me by surprise.

The attempt to sit in with another teacher and work on using Glass with dissections never panned out with schedule changes and snow days. Perhaps the other teacher will also get a crack at Glass yet this year. Yesterday however, my anatomy students were working through a vocabulary jig saw activity and I used Glass to record the sharing of definitions etc.

It's long, and shaky, but you can see the video here.

This was shared on the student resource page and allows the students to go back anytime they need to review the terminology. It was a bit novel as normally, I'd have the definitions posted on a document, but this time the students have something more entertaining to watch!  As it stands, I'm turning over Glass today to Josh. So this morning I factory reset Glass, plugged it in so he has it fully charged and will deliver it to him before the end of the day. Good Luck Josh and I can't even begin to thank Dave enough for getting me in on the whole Glass experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment