Monday, April 28, 2014

Tech Specs

Friday Ann turned over Google Glass to Josh, a technology education teacher at the high school.  I'm excited for Josh to try them out and give feedback.  Josh has opted to create his own blog but I will be sure to connect the links to this blog so you can read all about it.

I've taken a little time to reflect on the growing communities of Glass wearers in the world.  Specifically, there are more and more communities that focus on education that are popping up, getting together and sharing the experience with others.  This is mirrored in the non-education world of Glass as well.  Communities are forming, like Harley riders or Jeep owners.  They're taking pride in ownership and uniqueness.

Is this furthering education?  I certainly hope so.  It's hard to tell.  I predict this year's round of education and tech conferences are going to feature more and more Google Glass.  I hope to see this spur the industry into providing a variety of apps that are designed to help Glass improve instruction or accessibility or something.

Anyway, after talking to Josh I'm hopeful he's going to geek out like the rest of us and show us some truly unique, interesting and engaging ways to use Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment