Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Glass is Shipped

Received notice today that glass is on the way.  Since finding out it was coming I've gotten four types of reactions.

  • Cool! I can't wait to see it!
  • Nothing.  Shrug of the shoulders and dismissal.
  • Upset and/or envious.  Envy isn't always negative.
  • Downplay.  "I don't see any use for it."
It's very similar to the launch of the iPad.  Many claimed it was an expensive toy, others thought it was a fad, bunches thought it would never have an impact on education.  I maintain the same opinion I had then: it has the potential to significantly change how we deliver education.  It's a tool, though, and needs to be looked at that way.  I'm curious and excited to see the reactions I get when I'm wearing it.  Almost as excited for those reactions as I am to experience it for myself.

Will I view the world differently?

Will the world view me differently?

I guess all I can say is I'm typing this entry on an iPad.  I've used one almost every single day since I got the first one and my kids barely know a world without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment