Saturday, March 22, 2014

Listing

 I've spent time with one question swimming around in the back of my head:  What direction should I move in next week?

I though about this all day and decide it's time for a list post.

1.  Figure out the apps.  There are a few I'll probably never use, but I want to get into the few that are out there and solidify my understanding.

2.  Impact learning with Glass.  This might be a big one but I'd like to find at least one way that students can learn with the assistance of Glass.

3.  Networking.  I'll be at the WISN conference at the end of the week (we're presenting) and I'd like to connect with other educators and get their feedback on ways we can use this in school.

I read through the postings on the Explorers site for educators.  Doesn't sound like any are talking too deeply about how it can be used.  Maybe I'm looking to hard for it and it will just come about as I gain more experience.  Right now I'm really looking to project-based and hands-on learning as the environment for this tool since a traditional classroom so far eludes me as it's purpose.  In a 1:1 environment at the HS it's hard to imagine Glass being useful.

Received an email from a technology education teacher about using Glass to make some POV instruction videos.  I'm curious and interested to see how this works out and may be contacting him early in the week to give it a test run.  It's going to be a great test for the screencast as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment