Monday, March 24, 2014

Passing More Glass

It's March, right?


By the time I got to Land O Lakes it was -18.  This type of photo is called a Viginette.  It does not stand for "driving while playing with Glass."  The upper right is what I see in the display of Glass.  It doesn't exactly look like this, but it's pretty close.  I'm going to figure out how to do a Viginette video sometime soon.

Yesterday I went to the coffee house behind my house.  It's a screen house I built several years ago.  My wife and I go out there to hide from the kids . . . I mean, to relax and have morning coffee.  Two years ago I'd already been fishing in the boat on local lakes for 3 days.  Sitting out there reminds me of this.


It's 41" and I caught it nearly 20 years ago.  It's out here because I lost.  There are quilts on the walls in the house and the fish is out here.

Educationally, I hung out with some 4K kiddos this morning and they lined up and were excited to try on Glass.  I love to make the connection between them, high schoolers and adults.  The look of wonderment and surprise is the same.  We need more wonderment in our lives.

I talked to the second candidate for passing on Glass today as well.  I appreciate the excitement and passion he showed towards trying it out.  I'm glad I can accommodate; even though I'm the one that gets the great data and can further understand the usefulness of Glass in the classroom.  By my calculations, I'll get it back just after the opening fishing weekend and I'm hoping to be out in the boat.  With three feet of ice on the lakes I think I'm wishing a little too much.

I've heard from several people now that have attended conferences and met people that are also Google Glass explorers.  Educators none-the-less.  I hope I meet some fellow explorers at the WISN conference at the end of the week and we can talk about their experiences with Glass in the classroom.

I have an idea.  Based on the above Viginette, I'm not sure it's a good idea, but it's an idea.  The more I think about the usefulness of Glass the more I want to sit down with local law enforcement and show them.  I want them to recognize it and be aware of it and let me know what they think about it.  I could see this being extremely useful in their line of work.  As long as they don't enforce a "no driving with Glass" law because of it.  I may have to come back and edit this if they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment