Saturday, March 15, 2014

Waking from a Winter Wonderland

This is the second weekend I have to spend using Glass.  I'm still not convinced I'm a personal-life kind of Glass person, but I'm giving it a shot.

Today was the finals for boy's basketball tournaments and I spent a good deal of time watching the games on TV.  I'm not a huge basketball fan, but watching the kids play in Madison draws me in every year.  I found myself on the lookout for anyone in the audience capturing the experience with Glass, but found no one.  I did reflect for a while about using Glass for coaching.  It would be a convenient way to capture images and video while instructing.

I did get out a couple of times.  First was to the vet for the cat and dog.


What a great opportunity to talk with them about Glass.  They were enthusiastic and, since they are parents of one of the third graders I worked with last week, finally understood why their child was asking to get a pair of Google Glass for Christmas next year.  I let them try it out and they were very impressed.

I couldn't help myself (or maybe it was guilt looking at the dog) so I went snowshoeing at Shannon Lake outside of town.  Even in the barren landscape of winter, there's still a lot of beauty.


Plus, Bailey the Springer Spaniel was excited to stretch her legs without sinking above her head into the snow.




I'm impressed at the quality of the video and pictures from a tiny camera hovering just outside my right temple.

One thought about it: if people are going to use this on a daily basis, cell phone companies are going to need to bring back unlimited data on a larger scale.  I'm paranoid that I'm going to go over my data limit if I truly use this for what it's intended; sending pics and video chatting on the go.  I watch it like a hawk and don't think there's a chance I'll go over, but still . . . most of my connection and sending is on wi-fi.




No comments:

Post a Comment